Scrapbook Generation's CREATE, the first issue, is just a little over a month away, with publication set for January 13. We thought you might like to know a few more random facts about this free digital magazine.
• Originally, we were shooting for 120-150 pages. Now, we're trying to keep it under 200! It's going to be filled with tons of inspiration, for sure.
• The 14-member CREATE team has been working hard on their first assignments. They've been divided into two groups, Team S and Team G. One team is doing a color challenge -- they've been given six colors to work with, and after that, it's all up to them! The other team is doing a sketch challenge, to show new touches they can add to an older SG sketch. In addition, some of the team members are doing optional projects based on the card and tag sketches used in the first issue.
• Tammy Tutterow, design team and community manager for Sizzix, former member of the Tim Holtz design team, and technique blogger extraordinaire (think stamping, die cutting, mixed media, papercrafts, cardmaking, art journals, art tags, fabric crafts, and ribbonwork), is joining CREATE! Each month, she'll be taking you step by step through a detailed technique, and showing beautiful examples. Her focus on technique will be the perfect contrast to SG's focus on design. To check out Tammy's style, click here.
• The Fancy Pants design team will be sending in their projects in less than a week! They have a large and talented team, led by owner Jodi Sanford, and we can't wait to see what they've done with four brand new sketches by Allison Davis and Debbie Sanders.
• Allison Davis is working on several articles, including an expanded version of Sketch Week. She'll be doing some of the other things she does so well, like showing how to make your own seasonal embellishments. She'll also be showing several simple ways to make pocket-page title and journaling cards with a personal touch.
• Lindsey Amschler is going to be doing two creative features each month. She'll have a themed mini-album full of intricate details, and she's also doing a party feature. January's issue includes an adorable gift bag, plus a matching card and cupcake toppers.
• Katrina Hunt will be writing about topics that are of interest to papercrafters, and the first article is packed with information and beautiful layouts to illustrate her points.
• Debbie Sanders is also developing several features that will appear each month. She'll focus on journaling tips, ways to save time during the scrapbooking process, and ways to stretch your supplies.
• On Monday, we'll announce the members of the CREATE team. That will make it official, and we're excited about introducing them to you!