Travelers' Reception on Friday...
• There is still time for those of you who are traveling into Springfield from out-of-town to attend Scrap-a-Palooza to register for our "Travelers' Reception" Friday evening from 5-7 pm. We have about 50 people registered already, and we'll prepare goodie bags and light snacks for those of you who have let us know you'll be attending. There will even be prizes for those who have traveled the longest distance to get to Scrap-a-Palooza!
Scrap-a-Palooza on Saturday...
• The event is nearing the sell-out point.
• Please remember that any questions you have about the fee and/or signing up should be directed to Chris Louzader at Midwest Family Broadcasting. We don't receive any of the fee or collect the fees, so we can't answer your questions on those topics.
• Doors open at 8:30 am. Just wanted to emphasize that, because on the Palooza Facebook page, it lists the start time as 8, which is incorrect. The actual start time is 9 am. They can't figure out a way to change the time on that page, and I don't want anyone to arrive then because of misinformation.
New sketches books...
• Allison's second volume of Sketches for Scrapbooking: One-Page Sketches is completed and at the printer. It's awesome! Thirty completely new sketches.
• Sketches for Scrapbooking: Travel Sketches is also complete, and ready to start the printing and binding process. I'm still very excited about everyone seeing this book. Our eight "regular" books have always contained a few sketches that we've used previously in our in-store activities. This new travel sketch book has 30 double-page sketches that no one except the four of us here at SG have seen. (We had originally planned to use a few of the pages for photography and journaling tips, but we were able to incorporate those into the sketch page design, so you'll be getting 30 full-size sketches, plus our best tips for travel photos and journaling!)
• Pre-orders can be placed by clicking here. This assures you of getting the books from our first printing run. Your card will be charged when you place the order, and the books will ship at the end of January.