Saturday, August 14, 2010


Snakebites, husbands, scrapbooking, and glimmer mist...
Last night, I had a rare opportunity to attend one of our Midnight Madness crops as a "real person" instead of a worker. I hadn't been able to scrapbook just for me for quite some time, and I was having fun working on my Designers Challenge Club projects for this month (instead of doing them at the last minute) when my husband called with the news that he had been bitten by a snake.

So instead of getting to scrapbook, I got to spend time in the emergency room! We were there from 9:30 until 2:30 this morning, which meant we arrived back in Mansfield at almost 3:30 am. Don is fine -- he needed some antibiotics and a tetanus shot.

Anyway, what I really wanted to share was that before the drama started, I used the new chalkboard Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels on some chipboard, and I loved the look. It wasn't what I was expecting, but instead had a marbled effect that looks textured to me, at least on chipboard. The coverage is really nice, too. Sometimes the lighter colors of the regular Glimmer Mist don't completely cover chipboard, which is what I mainly use the product on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie, which part in the picture did you use the chalkboard glimmer mist on? I can't tell but I love that brown piece with the button on it.

Thanks, Christine Rantz

Scrapbook Generation said...

The square chipboard frame. The big flower is a punch-out die-cut from a set.

Danielle said...

Glad to hear your husband is okay. I hope you get another chance to crop as a "real person". I enjoyed scrapping with you though for the time you were there. :)

Scrapbook Generation said...

Thanks, Danielle...what a crazy night!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS