Thursday, May 16, 2013

Color Challenge inspiration...

A couple of weeks ago, we promised to show you some of the entries in our NSD challenges. Today, we've picked out a few of the layouts submitted for the color challenge to illustrate the wide range of ways people approached this challenge. 

Here's the challenge they undertook:
Color makes life a little brighter...and it can do magical things for a scrapbook layout, too. One of the hottest color choices right now is ombre -- a French term meaning "shaded" -- with colors graduating from light to dark. For this challenge, choose one color and use it to create an ombre effect through papers, embellishments, or both, on a one- or two-page layout. It doesn’t matter if you make it bright or make it soft...just make it colorful!


Some people undertook an ombre background, while others used the effect through embellishments, or even a full-page approach! Love the different viewpoints, and the chance to share them with you. (And if I don't have your full name listed, please feel free to comment here and I'll update the post.)


Barb Krause
Els Cattenstart (Netherlands)
Maria Whitehead
Patricia Watling
Susan
Alison Spannaus

7 comments:

RnKMom (Patricia) said...

Wow, thank you so much for including my layout! My full name is Patricia Watling. :)

Tasha said...

Great layouts!

CourtneyB said...

It's so fun to see everyone's different takes on the color challenge! Thanks for featuring my layout - that made my day! (:

Alison said...

Aww, thanks for choosing mine! I had fun with this challenge and appreciate y'all pushing me to get creative! My full name is Alison Spannaus.

Barb said...

Barb Krause waverly iowa my layout is the first one in pink. Thanks for sharing it on your blog!

RnKMom (Patricia) said...

Barb, I like your layout, and we have the same tools: Martha Stewart's doily punch and border punch, both of which I love! Nice how you sized the photo to fit perfectly. :)

Barb said...

Thanks patricia! Isn't the MS tool cool?! I sometimes have trouble lining it up but I'm getting better :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS